Saturday 9 February 2008

You Will Be Missed


One of my college friends passed away recently. Zaimirawati Ramli, or Atie, was not a close friend, but we would always greet each other with smiles and small talk.

We lived in the same block in college, but because we took different courses, we didn't have that much in common. However, I remember her most because of her sunny smile, and extremely good nature, and the fact that when we do chat, it was always filled with laughter.

After college, most of us went our separate ways. However, as fate would have had it, my aunt was close friends with Atie's mother-in-law. I was always touched that Atie would ask about me whenever she met my aunt and would always send her regards. That was her nature, and it continued, even when she became sick.

My aunt would regularly update me with news about Atie, and my one regret was that I didn't make more of an effort to call her up or even email her just to say "Hi".

After a long battle with cancer, Atie passed on peacefully on 6 February 2008. She left behind a loving husband, and two adorable children. Such a beautiful soul, both inside and out, has left us to go to a better place.

Semoga Allah meletakkan dia di kalangan orang-orang yang beriman. Al-Fatihah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Affected by her passing too.
But as they say, the good ones die young.
She may have suffered for four years, but Allah Maha Adil. She's one of those lucky ones, bak kata nurnadia in her comments kat sini "whom Allah gives signs as to when He's taking your life.. ada masa to do some retrospective and introspective study of how he's led his life, time to repent, time to pray for forgiveness..unlike us who are still wondering when it will be our time and always risked to taking the time we have for granted.."
Al-Fatihah buat Kak Atie...We'll miss you.

Ema said...

Nicely said, Neta. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ema,

Thanks for informing me. I didnt quite know how to answer your text that fateful night. But the feeling of loss is just as overwhelming even though I was never close to Ati.

I do remeber her being so pretty though...

Al fatehah. Semoga Ati ditempatkan di Syurga Jannah di kalangan orang-orang yang beriman dan beramal soleh.

Ema said...

Her passing has such a huge impact on everyone. I hope we are all as blessed.

dillazag said...

Ema, what a small world.. She's actually my aunt's (my father's brother's wife) sister. We went to the funeral and the tahlil in shah alam. She sure was a kind soul inside and out. She has been battling lymphoma for the past few years and I think the kids were already prepared for it. Still, it is really sad...
-Dilla aka Azlul

Ema said...

Dilla, thanks for the comments. Really small world. Everyone's connected somehow, kan?

Hope the kids stay strong.