Wednesday 6 February 2008

Night Out at the Movies


I'm bored. I have tons of editing to do, but I'm not in the mood to do any. 'Cos I'm bored. (Have I said that already?) My fella and I thought we'd go watch a movie, but there's nothing to watch. Maybe we'll just watch DVDs tonight instead.


My fella and I have simple tastes when it comes to movies. I personally don't enjoy movies that make me think too much. I know that probably puts me in the non-cool urban yuppie category, but hey, there's so much to think about in everyday life, why the heck should I pay good money to think some more?


That's not to say that I don't watch heavy dramas and such, to me, it's no longer entertainment. I like movies which go beyond the realm of normalcy, for e.g. car scenes from the Transporter & James Bond franchise.


I like action movies and romantic comedies. I love The Wedding Singer, and wish my fella would sing "Grow old with you" to me constantly. I love the Italian Job, although half of it is because I want to go to Venice, and partly because I adore Seth Green (especially as Oz in Buffy).


I love Die Hards 1-3, although I balk somewhat at Live Free and Die Hard, because Bruce Willis didn't seem like John McClane in it, unless John McClane became a broody, tired and lethargic old man since the last movie came out.


I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy although I sat through nearly the whole of the first movie thinking Legolas was played by James Marsters (Spike of Buffy fame) and marvelling at the wonderful make-up job that made him look so young.


I love treasure hunt type of movies, so National Treasure, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade and Da Vinci Code occupy a special place in my heart. That said, how much did it suck that Tom Hanks played Robert Langdon??? I mean, dude was wooden, boring and don't even get me started about the hair!


I hate most Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie movies, and not just because I like Jennifer Aniston (well, her movies aren't that great either). I think most Brangelina movies are hyped 'cos they're pretty people, and I strongly believe that the only reason Angelina Jolie got that Oscar was because she played a crazy person, which er.. was kind of who she was then.


I love Sandra Bullock movies, even the semi-boring Lake House, although While You Were Sleeping will always be my favourite. Speed would be my next favourite, and partly 'cos for all his woodenness, I actually do like Keanu Reeves.


I like Hugh Grant movies as well. Love Actually and Music and Lyrics are my current fave. I would like to sing "Pop! Goes My Heart" when I see my fella, complete with pelvic twists and thrusts.


I love love love (!) Monsters Inc., and not just because Boo reminded me of my niece, Elise.


I love P. Ramlee comedies 'cos they're P. Ramlee comedies. Enough said.


My fella's taste is easier. As long as there's Chris Rock, Chris Tucker, Martin Lawrence, Bernie Mac, Eddie Murphy or Cedric the Entertainer, he's happy. Oh. And he likes Italian Job too.


Movies should just be for entertainment. And to me, anything that can make me forget life's troubles for 2 hours is money well spent.

No comments: