Thursday 9 October 2008

*Sigh*

I received a comment for my previous post, which questioned my views and basically said I know nothing about politics and whatnot. I choose not to post the comment because I like sunshine and happiness and everything positive in my comments section, but I will address the comment here.
One : I am not a politician, and I don't aspire to be one although I come from a long line of patriots and stalwart UMNO politicians, many of which have served or are still serving our beloved country. I don't profess to know politics, I am not influenced by anyone's views and all my views are just that-they are my views.
Two : What I've written is my personal observation on today's state of affairs. It makes me sad, because among others, race relations and the country's peace and stability have been affected as a result. It bothers me because I love the Malaysia I grew up in, and I want that Malaysia to still be around for the younger generations.
Hopefully in light of recent declarations, the country will go back to how it once was. And to me, for it to do that, we still need the present party to lead us. I still believe the country is in peril if it falls to the opposition, but the future leadership has to be strong enough to convince and prove to us that they are capable.
My only humble advice to those wanting positions in the party, if you're in it only for the position and the glamour, stop it. We want someone who can do the work and embrace the responsibility. People's faith in the party has eroded, so we need someone to strengthen and restore that faith. If you are that person, then by all means, run. If you're not, think hard and see if all that personal gain you're aiming for is worth ruining the party and worse, ultimately the country.
Again, all views and observations are my own. The only motivation behind these types of posts is wanting my Malaysia back.

4 comments:

kakbie said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Maaf zahir dan Batin. :-D

Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

Ema said...

Kakbie & Mastura, Selamat Hari Raya to you too :)

Anonymous said...

Ema Ismail dear,

You know what, some people are just plain arrogant. They could not accept the fact that are many things in this world is not black and white, some are just divided by very very thin lines.

The way they commented as if they knew everything and looked down at others' opinion. If they are professional, they will accept things calmly, open-up, and if they disagree, they should reply it with manners.

So dont worry my friend, continue putting up your views. Some need to read different opinion. lagi pun, it's your blog what.....

Ema Zull