Monday 19 November 2007

Friendship Without Strings

Lately my schoolmates & I have been catching up on old times. Some of us haven't met since after our Form 5 graduation and it's always fun to see how we've turned out.

I, myself, have only been in constant contact with only a few, so it was nice reconnecting with the others. And it's a pleasant surprise to see how well we can still bond with each other even after all these years.

This is what I call friendship without strings. Back then, especially since we were in boarding school, our only requirements for friendship was that we could all look out for each other since we were far from home. No hidden agenda, no politics, just a simple & straightforward approach to friendship. And to this day, though most are married with children and everyone has her own life, this simple foundation is what still binds us together, and to me, is what will make us friends for life.

If only life were this simple now.

No comments: