Monday 10 March 2008

....

I'll start with the good news first. I'm happy and proud to announce that my sister-in-law won her first election and is now the DUN for Kampong Gajah, Perak. The bad news is, we never thought this would lead to her suddenly becoming part of the "Opposition" in Perak.

The election results shocked and saddened me. While some part of me was glad that for once, BN could see for themselves that the public aren't happy, I wish it didn't happen at the expense of the five states. And I also wish that a certain party didn't win that many seats. And I wish that the PM had advisors who actually had good and useful advice. And while I'm wishing, I wish for a billion dollars!

Well.. what is done is done. The public has spoken. Now I hope they start demanding that the Opposition make good with their promises, because there are a lot of promises that need to be fulfilled. And I, for one, am scrutinising their every move to see if they are actually up to the challenge.

I hope that BN fixes whatever is broken to restore the public's faith. Most of the votes were protest votes, so that means that BN still has a chance, as long as they listen to the people.  A word of advice to BN : It's time to make radical changes to modernise BN's outlook and approach, and sacrifices have to be made. Only then can BN have a chance to recapture the people's trust. And only then, can BN hope to get these states back.

In the meantime, allow me to grieve for Perak.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ema,
tahniah untuk kak shikin.walaupun dia berada di sebelah sana, semoga dia dapat membawa suara anak melayu kita berdepan dengan 'mereka'.

Ema said...

Thanks Ija. Ema pun harap begitu. Hopefully since still banyak seats from BN in Perak, our voice masih lantang and rakyat pun dah dapat confidence balik in BN.

jabishah said...

Ema, congrats! Shld be glad that your Sultan is full with wisdom or else... hmmm.